Senior Medical Science Liaison - Field Based - TX, NM, OK 6/6/2020
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai s human health care (hhc) mission. We re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
An oncology Sr. MSL will, with a high level of proficiency, develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to Eisai s products. The candidate in this position will provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision makers, and others. The candidate will assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise. The impact that a SR. MSL will have to the organization include the following: a) as representatives of Eisai, a SR. MSL will communicate key information about Eisai, the company and its hhc mission; b) provide key scientific and clinical information about Eisai s products when asked; provide a conduit for communication between Eisai Research and the medical community regarding ideas for future research with Eisai s products; and c) provide corporate value through demonstrated leadership and participation in strategic thinking.
Position will cover (NJ/NY territory)
Job Qualifications Job Qualifications Must Have:
* Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD).
* Minimum of 3 years MSL experience in oncology.
* Disease state management knowledge preferred.
* Strong broad based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills. Strong overall written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have knowledge and experience with Eisai desired therapeutic area; comfortable and confident speaking about multiple drug indications/disease state management.
* Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations including Marketing and Sales strategic interests.
* Understanding the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical and Scientific Affairs.
* Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship.
* Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic area of interest.
* Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically.
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work