Senior Medical Science Liaison/Medical Science Liaison Northeast Territory (565-252) 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison/Medical Science Liaison in our NE region (New England, Mid Atlantic, Ohio Valley).
The Senior Medical Science Liaison/ Medical Science Liaison will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with nationwide and regional key opinion leaders (KOLs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate both clinical trial efforts of Lexicon and externally-sponsored studies relating to Xermelo for the treatment of Carcinoid Syndrome associated with neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) within their geographic area of coverage. This position requires working with other audiences such as nurses, pharmacists, payers, formulary decision makers and patient advocacy groups as well as working cross-functionally with Lexicon field-base counterparts and internal home office members including, legal, regulatory, market access individuals and medical/clinical operations, to ensure proper alignment of MS goals with company s business goals to be executed in a compliant way.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Identify and develop relationships with national and regional medical and scientific KOLs consistent with the strategy and objectives of Medical Affairs and overall strategies in relation to Xermelo in the treatment of Carcinoid Syndrome associated with NETs.
* Engage in scientific exchange and education about Lexicon s compounds and emerging therapies and ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information in relation to Xermelo in the treatment of Carcinoid Syndrome associated with NETs in a timely, ethical and customer-focused manner. (to include Individual meetings, Advisory boards, and scientific congresses)
* Work to pair our internal and external key customer s educational and research needs with available Lexicon s resources and provide latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquires in relation to Xermelo in the treatment of Carcinoid Syndrome associated with NETs. ( to include for managed care accounts and organizations)
* Partner with Advocacy Groups in NETs as needed, to develop strategic interactions and patient-aimed communication materials.
* Proactively identify and facilitate the evaluation and initiation of investigator-initiated trials where appropriate, and supports clinical trial recruitment.
* Assist with medical affairs activities, including medical information services and publication planning (abstracts, manuscripts etc.). Provide support to advisory board meetings as well as other scientific activities, such as medical booth at scientific meetings as needed.
* Provide scientific and clinical expertise to the commercial team, by assisting with sales force training, and with identifying, training and evaluating speakers and management of speaker programs.
* Develop and maintain scientific, clinical and therapeutic expertise in the area of Oncology that include but not limited to the field of Carcinoid Syndrome/ NETs
* Advanced scientific or health related degree required (MD, PhD, PharmD preferred)
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a MSL ( 5 years as Senior MSL )
* Previous experience in oncology is strongly preferred; background in gastroenterology/NETS is a plus
* Strong scientific/medical expertise and demonstrated expertise in ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly.
* Demonstrated ability to represent Lexicon in the medical community and to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships with top experts in the GEP-NET disease area
* Understanding of the drug development process plus in-depth knowledge of the medial affairs role, including PhRMA, OIG and other guidelines relating to complaint medical communications is required
* Payer and/or formulary presentation experience preferred
* Must be an effective communicator who can give presentations on clinical trial results and answer questions about clinical research efficacy and safety, compliance, healthcare costs, and product value
* Must be a proactive team player with highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to function on a cross-functional team
* Ability to travel 60-80% (based on size of geographic territory)
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website: https://lexpharmacareers.silkroad.com/.
For additional information about Lexicon and its programs, please visit www.lexpharma.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Females, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test, background check and verification of credentials before beginning employment.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States