Senior MES Solution Architect 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
We are Poly. We make technology that powers human connection that simply works, then steps out of the way. We are changing how the world communicates and collaborates. And we need you.
As a Senior MES Systems Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions across all manufacturing operations areas of the business including our Manufacturing production floor, Warehouse and Office functions. This position requires a high sense of urgency and the ability to professionally manage customer relationships as well as the ability to provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues.
This position relies on experience and judgment as well as established procedures and instructions for identifying, researching, and documenting resolutions to all support issues via Service-Now.
* Gather and consolidate customers requirements
* Create and update functional documentation: designs, specifications, etc.
* Ensure cross functional and cross systems integration of solutions
* Partner with functional users to complete project deliverables within project timelines
* Responsible for gathering and analysing user requirements, solution design/architecture and providing technical expertise required to support the manufacturing operations of the business
* Provide strong technical and functional support to internal customers
* Develop and execute MES application configurations and testing
* Fully comprehend and articulate simple and complex solutions across the MES platform
* Promote the development of and use of repeatable solutions with focus on reusable templates
* Coordinate and identify opportunities to improve current procedures, processes and systems with users
* Provide accurate estimations of technical timelines to complete requests and projects
* Act as IT Senior Lead on Apriso-related projects and participate in other IT projects as needed
* Empower end-users through instruction and functional knowledge transfer
* Provide senior-level guidance and knowledge transfer to team members
* Provide technical expertise related to Apriso application instances, hardware, cloning and performance optimization related issues
Location: Remote, Mexico or US. Regular travel to manufacturing facility Tijuana will be required (approximately 1 week per month).
What are we looking for*
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science
* Minimum of 5 years experience supporting and providing manufacturing and supply chain IT solutions
* Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and ability to implement strategies to improve the efficiency of the process
* Knowledge of any Manufacturing Execution System (MES) or ERP
* Knowledge of integration between MES systems, Oracle EBS and other local applications.
* Up to date with industry standards and technology trends.
* Strong knowledge of IT architecture
* Strong customer focus, problem solving and analytical skills
* Knowledge of Apriso MES application
* .NET framework experience
* Experience developing solutions in a Microsoft environment: Windows server, MS SQL, Visual Studio 2013 or above
* Experience supporting web-based apps for mobile handheld devices (Windows Mobile, Android, IOS)
* Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and hardware
* Experience with distributed systems development
* Knowledge of agile development
* Knowledge/Experience in Software Development Lifecycle
* Minimum 90% fluency in English (Spoken and Written)
* Fluency in Spanish preferred
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.