Senior Mobile/SDK Engineer (Android), NextApp 5/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUSINESS UNIT:
Cubic Transportation Systems powers the future of travel for major cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Over 60% of public transit rides in the US, UK, and Australia use Cubic s systems to make travel easier.
Our Transportation Platforms division builds a number of software platforms and services that power things like fare collection, real time passenger information, transit schedule management, trip planning, and more. We are an agile team focused on delivering software products.
NextApp brings together Cubic s experience in public transit fare collection, ticketing, fleet operations, real time passenger information and more with Moovit s multimodal journey planning to deliver world-class experience for public transportation riders (check out our press release). We re incredibly excited to push the boundaries in providing an amazing experience for riders and transportation authorities and want people passionate about the future of transportation to join our team.
The NextApp team is leading the charge on Cubic s new fare collection, trip planning, and real time passenger information apps. We re delivering native applications for transit customers as well as SDKs to allow transit products and services to be integrated into other apps.
Software Engineers at Cubic work in an iterative process to create high quality software products used by millions of transit riders worldwide. Our end user base is vast and we take pride in providing amazing user experiences, accessibility, and products that are highly stable.
Engineers work on mixed teams with Product, QA, Design, and a ScrumMaster and participate in iterative agile development practices.
* Build out high quality native app experiences encompassing multiple product and features sets
* Develop high quality SDKs wrapping Cubic s APIs
* Develop test cases and work with QA to ensure high quality
* Collaborate with Production Engineering to develop and deliver apps in a repeatable, stable, and joyful software development lifecycle
* Work with Product leadership to ensure our software is joyful to use and does much more than meet spec
* 5 years' working experience and a Computer Science or Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
* Native Android Development in Kotlin on complex applications with many user interactions supporting large user bases (100,000+)
* Usage of the Android SDK from the view layer to the network and data layers
* Application troubleshooting and inspection with tools like adb and Charles Proxy
* Analyzing software errors with tools like Firebase, Sentry, or Crashlytics
* Testing of mobile applications with Android Studio, JUnit, Espresso, and UI Automator
* Use of source control (git, svn, perforce)
* Working with an agile team using collaborative development tools (Atlassian Suite, GitHub, GitLab)
* Experience with automated UI and device testing (e.g. BrowserStack, Appium)
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law