Senior Network Operation Center Engineer 8/31/2019
Assured Information Security, Inc.
Hill Afb, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Position at Assured Information Security, Inc. (AIS)
Assured Information Security (AIS) company is looking for Senior Network Engineer to work in a network operation center providing support for DISA communication systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
* Work with Ciena, Cisco, and/or Sycamore optical transport networking systems devices to include: Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model., focusing on Layer 1 and 2 to support both connectivity trunk and individual customer port/circuit connections.
* Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
* Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
* Support/maintain/administer program networks and servers.
* Perform day to day network engineering support of GIG services/networks.
* Monitor network performance.
* Support deployments as required.
* Maintain knowledge of DWDM principles, DS-x and OC-x hierarchy, and IP components
Required Education and Experience:
* Active Secret clearance required
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Experience with maintaining, configuring, operating and troubleshooting network equipment
* General understanding of network topologies, both transport, and IP
* Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on implementation status and/or troubleshooting efforts.
* Ability to work in a team-focused, dynamic environment
* Must possess at a minimum: CompTIA Security+ Certification
* Must maintain compliance with DoD 8570 requirements