Senior Payroll Specialist - Compliance 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Payroll Shared Services team is a group of payroll professionals supporting the US, Canada, Brazil & Mexico payroll processing and governance. We strive to ensure that all of our employees are paid accurately and on time while ensuring all of our compliance obligations are met.
This position will focus on three main areas:
* Management of all tax related items across the US & Canada payrolls
* Leading all compliance and government mandate programs
* Supporting report requests to support audits and other key stakeholders in our business
You are great at:
* Manage all monthly, quarterly and year end tax obligations at both the State/ Provincial Level and Federally
* Partner with our finance team to ensure 941 s are accurate
* Monitor and research any outstanding payroll tax issues and work with our vendors to ensure timely resolution of tax notices received
* Manage the set-up and closure of all tax accounts with state and local jurisdictions as needed
* Confirm taxes related to employee relocation and stock transactions are set up properly.
* Ensure payroll tax processes are fully documented and such documentation is easy to follow
* Run / analyze address change reports that document employee changes in home/work tax locations and ensure accurate tax setups in the payroll systems.
* Act as the OpenText POA for inquiries with relevant Tax authorities
* Partner with our benefits team to ensure various deposits are done on time (401k, HSA, etc.)
* Manage any required garnishments and required deductions
* Reconcile and research differences for quarterly and annual filings include Form W-2 s and T4 s
* Act as back up to others on the payroll team for key responsibilities
* Assist with any payroll related projects and year-end activities as requested.
* Main point of contact for year end reporting requests
* Partner with business stakeholders to understand requirements and produce ad hoc reporting
* Support audit request as required
* Act as a back up for US & CAD payrolls as required
* Support the team with inputs and validations during the regular payroll cycles
* Answer questions coming in from both vendors and employees
What it takes:
* 3-5 years of direct payroll experience
* Experience with ADP Globalview would be considered an asset
* Compliance Vendor experience (ie. Smart Compliance or similar)
* Intermediate Level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* SAP SuccessFactors or equivalent Human Resources Information System would be considered an asset
* Strong analytical skills would be considered an asset
* Strong knowledge of US payroll tax processes and requirements
* Strong Administration Skills
* Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
* Communication Skills
* Ability to multitask yet remain detailed orientated
* Able to perform job responsibilities and duties under minimal supervision
* Strong customer service orientation
* High level of integrity and confidentiality
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org