Senior Payroll Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2019
END DATE 12/12/2019
Ultra Electronics Global Business Services
Sandy Hook, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Senior Payroll Specialist
Sandy Hook, CT
JOB ID: 124
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Apply for this Position
* Responsible for the preparation and processing of assigned weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payrolls for over 2,000 employees in ADP Workforce Now.
* Accountable for the integrity of all payroll data in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
* Ensure labor files are imported timely in the payroll system.
* Maintains high customer service levels in the evaluation/resolution of payroll related issues.
* Responsible for post payroll reports and transactions, including but not limited to tax remittance, 401K transmission files, and general ledger files.
* Handle day to day urgent payroll matters, including but limited to special payroll runs, manual check calculations, tax remittance issues.
* Support in the setup and maintenance of HRIS, ADP Workforce Now system.
* Develop Ad Hoc Reports
* Oversee year-end operational close including reconciliation, distribution of W2, and tax filing compliance.
* Participate in audits of workers compensation, tax filings, and related documentation as needed.
* Make recommendations on improvements or changes of procedures and/or systems to improve the existing payroll process and policies to align with government compliance and best practices.
* Aid the Payroll Manager in problem-solving and special projects, including acquisitions, HRIS implementations, and open enrollment.
* Work with ADP Client Reps on various projects and tax-related issues.
* Aid the Manager in training of new Payroll Administrators.
* Aid as a backup within the department to cover personal time for fellow staff.
* General Admin duties such as filing, photocopies, scanning, etc.
* Abide by the payroll procedures and company handbook.
* 5+ years of multi-state payroll experience, preferably in a shared service environment.
* This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
* Bachelor s degree in related field is preferred
* Experience in US Benefit administration
* Experience in tax amendments and quarterly/annual tax filings.
* Experience in HRIS and ERPs, preferably with ADP Workforce Now, Workday, and IFS.
* Strong understanding of applicable Federal, State, and local payroll and related tax laws, regulations, and statues.
* Strong knowledge of HR Payroll systems including enhancements, upgrades, and implementations.
* Willing to demonstrate a high level of discretion with sensitive information.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Willingness to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
* Proven to meet deadlines when working on several complex projects simultaneously.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Ultra Electronics is a family of companies and a world-leading Defense & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport and Energy company. Ultra's products and services are used on aircraft, ships, submarines, armored vehicles, surveillance and communication systems, nuclear power systems, airports and transport systems around the world.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email email@example.com