Senior Process Engineer 6/6/2020
Air Liquide USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company presentation
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies - from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells - even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA and Voltaix products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Branchburg, NJ.
The Senior Process Engineer will act as the central process engineering subject matter expert and perform/manage all aspects of process engineering activity for the projects executed in support of major product lines and manufacturing areas, providing technical insights, leadership, and disciplined project management for implementation of chemical process intensive projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide Process Engineering and Technical leadership for capital projects with high visibility opportunities for ALAM
* Troubleshoot problems in manufacturing processes
* Improve the safety of existing manufacturing installations
* Identify and implement methods for manufacturing cost reduction in line with business needs
* Provide process engineering expertise across various product lines and sites
* Develop practical solutions to complex technical problems
* Document and communicate institutional knowledge throughout the organization
* Make quantitative, fact-based decisions
* Actively engage with the project manager to ensure projects are on time, on budget, deliver the required quality
* Develop training materials for Operations technicians. Participate in the technician qualification process by providing classroom instruction on basic principles, troubleshooting and process specifics.
* Successfully complete all required training
* Able to travel to domestic and overseas sites
* BS or MS in Chemical Engineering
* 10 or greater years of experience designing, commissioning and starting up chemical plants, performing hands-on optimization of specialty chemicals/gases production units
* Demonstrated project planning and management expertise
* Proven track record of delivering on commitments
* Proven ability to lead change, personally adaptable, and able to perform well under pressure and constantly changing priorities
* Solution/outcome oriented in an environment with minimal supervision
* Strong understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals
* Problem solving and decision making skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Working knowledge of PLC and DCS control systems
* Process hazard analysis leadership; LOPA and HAZOP
* Cost/benefit analysis, including DCF analysis
* Development and use of metrics for performance management
* Six-Sigma green or black belt certification or the equivalent knowledge and experience
* Significant experience working with highly hazardous chemicals at a manufacturing facility
* Expertise in various unit operations, and associated equipment (i.e. distillation, filtration, reaction)
* Demonstrated presentation skills