Senior Resource Planning Software Product Manager 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Responsibilities
We are seeking a bright, collaborative and driven individual to join our growing global Product Management Team, with a particular focus on architecture, engineering and consulting focused ERP product: Vantagepoint/Vision.
Do you have a passion for resource planning and project management and a thirst for software product innovation? You will join a team who combined have many years of experience with both the Vantagepoint/ Vision product and the architecture, engineering and consulting industries. This team is looking to invest in someone who wants to embark on a journey into strategic product management. You ll get involved in understanding client requirements, work closely with engineering team to translate those requirements into product features and be at the forefront of innovation and learn from the very best in the market, as we aggressively drive our product and technology roadmaps forward to continue to provide a world class solution for organizations within the agency and market.
You must have proven resource planning, project scheduling and project management experience, using Vantagepoint/Vision or a similar ERP system and have a huge thirst for personal and professional growth. Not for the faint hearted, this will be a fast paced and at times, intense role, involving working with internal product experts globally with multiple demands, where you ll be expected to use your project management experience to bring value to this challenge. Above all, you must love what you do! Below are some of the key responsibilities of this role through the lifecycle of managing requirements from inception to product release:
* Create and own product requirements; establishing a business case for overall need and prioritization
* Perform detailed requirement specifications for new enhancements; particularly related to the accounting, finance, tax, global compliance and multi-company/multi-currency functionality
* Conduct competitive analysis in order to understand the key trends in the industries served by the Vantagepoint/Vision product
* Work with key stakeholders across the organization to define and prioritize requirements for new features and enhancements
* Assist in defining and managing incremental release plans related to product area ownership, to achieve overall roadmap vision
* Work with our Engineering teams to transform requirements into compelling product enhancements
* Working with our Product Marketing teams to enable the Sales and Service teams to maximize the impact of product enhancements
* Actively participate in product launch to gauge user adoption
* Assist our customer care organization with product questions pertaining to the accounting and finance areas of the product
* Support our sales and account management teams with prospect development and pursuits
* Deliver presentations and training to internal groups and external customers as a part of release readiness, user groups and corporate conferences
To be successful in this role, we expect you will have at least 5 years experience with resource planning/project management systems working at a software vendor or as a practitioner working in an organization using a relevant ERP solution and the ability to demonstrate the following:
* Knowledge of architecture, engineering and consulting organizations; market trends, operations and business drivers
* In-depth knowledge of project management and project scheduling processes
* Experience working in a project manager role
* Experience operating under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment
* Commercially minded and proven success of building strong working relationships with cross functional teams
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with both business and technical stakeholders one on one, and in groups of varying size
* Ability to formulate and present a convincing business case and product roadmap to executive management
* Experience managing the complete product development lifecycle would be a plus
* Experience leading user focus groups to elicit requirements and formulate use cases
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit www.deltek.com.
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.