Senior Safety Specialist 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
Senior Risk Specialist Southwest Region Office
This position will serve as a Regional Risk Specialist supporting our federal contract. Location TBD based out of Kansas City, MO, Atlanta, GA, or Fort Worth, TX. Travel up to 40% will be required. The Risk Specialist (RS) monitors safety performance of all operations with respect to the Environmental, Safety, Health, and Risk Management Program (ESHARP) principles. The RS will provide Quality Systems support using the T4 Program Policies, Procedures, and project specific quality inspection requirements as the basis for process development and optimization, procedure development, data collection and reporting and Quality Systems training. The RS is a change leader, educator, and resource for the Region s organizational safety culture. The RS will lead by example by promoting quality within the program
The Risk Specialist:
* Administers Risk Program (Safety, Quality, and Security); audits and inspects the Project Work Site to identify and correct hazards and quality issues.
* Works with the Project Managers to develop risk assessments for upcoming work and provides technical guidance throughout the planning process.
* Conducts and assists management with incident investigation, including report preparation and review.
* Coordinates or conducts training for regional personnel including, but not limited to, new hire orientation, fall protection, OSHA 10 Hour, First Aid/CPR, and tower climbing training.
* Collaborates with technicians, subcontractors, vendors, and clients to improve safety performance and quality operations at all offices and job sites.
* Must be open to occasional travel to job sites within the continental US and territories and provide training when needed.
* This key position will understand complex technical solutions and provide a broad safety and quality overview to both key stakeholders as well as non-technical personnel.
Qualifications / Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree preferred
* Bachelor s Degree in Safety/Quality/Construction Management related disciplines highly
* 7 plus years safety and quality program-related experience
* Familiarity with ISO 9001 principals and construction/installation quality requirements.
* Requires physical effort, beyond standard office work, including:
* Ability to climb ladders and towers using fall protection
* Ability to lift 30 pounds
* Walking on rough and uneven terrain
* Must be willing to travel to regional offices and work sites.
* Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.