Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONREQUIRED- TOP SECRET AND POLY
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This candidate will belong to a four to five person Monitoring and Integration team that is part of a larger Data
Warehouse Platform (DWP) Cloud Operations team working in a dynamic customer environment.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting several cloud based repositories during the weekday day shift.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* monitor system health,
* troubleshoot system problems,
* maintain/edit PERL scripts,
* interface with other teams for hardware, network, and infrastructure support, and
* automate activities to improve system performance.
The ideal candidate should have both development and system administration experience with large systems who can use their experience to formulate and implement automation solutions to support our monitoring and system administration people in tasks that either are risky to the system, prone to mistakes, labor intensive, time consuming and repetitive.
These can be tasks for which an SOP exists or could be developed but is likely not to be followed consistently. The idea is to create some sustainable tools as a force multiplier that don't function more poorly than the manual methods.
Experience with the pros and cons of tools like SALT and PUPPET will be useful for some tasks but not for other tasks where we might build a GUI for the shift to perform tasks on the clusters (or to automate those tasks entirely) which will require development skills.
* (11) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
* (7) years of experience in system engineering/architecture.
* (7) year experience working with products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase. Hadoop. CloudBase/Acumulo. Big Table. Cassandra. Scality et cetera.
* At least seven (7) years of experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as PerL Python, or Ruby for software automation.
* At least three (3) years of experience managing and monitoring large Cloud System ( 200 nodes).
* Cloud Systems Administrator or Developer Certification.
* Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the
development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complete
hardware/software systems to include monitoring technical health of a system, improving organizational processes, implementation
of postmortem (failure) analysis and incident management.
* (7) years of experience in the cleared environment.
* Seven (7) years demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX. or Linux OS.
* Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
* Experience in developing documentation required to support a program s technical issues and training situations.
* Seven (7) years of experience developing software systems using object-oriented programming languages (i.e. Java, Python. et cetera).
* Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
* Experience ??wrappingI legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
* Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax. data flows, and traffic manipulation
* Seven (7) years of experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs
* Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into a services oriented environment.
* Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments.
* Experience operating in a multi-thread environment.
* Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex software in a cloud environment.
* Familiarity with Configuration Management and monitoring tools.
* Familiarity with Agile software methodologies and practices.
* Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing. operations,
and managing networks required operating in a secure PKI. IPSEC. or VPN enabled environment.
* A Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two
* (2) years of experience.
* A Master s degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience.
* NOTE: A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics. Information Systems. Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.