Senior Software Developer/Architect: AASHTOWare Products (open to remote candidates) 5/2/2020
Info Tech, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who We Are
If you are driving on a highway in North America, there is a good chance that Infotech software was used to build it. In the U.S., 88% of state transportation agencies use Infotech-developed software to manage their road construction projects. We support all aspects of road construction from managing bids to secure document signing to cost estimation and inspection. As a member of the Software Development team, you'll play a direct role in building and improving the construction and safety of road and highway infrastructure.
With a diverse workforce and collaborative, relaxed environment, Infotech is a Gainesville-born pioneer of innovation, committed to its family of employees, customers and community. With over 50 developers, we are Gainesville's largest tech employer. We are known for our people-first culture, work-life flexibility and outstanding employee retention rates.
What We are Looking For
Infotech is seeking a Senior Software Developer/Architect to join our AASHTOWare Products division. In this role, you will have end-to-end responsibility for complex technical challenges. This could include researching and guiding the selection and implementation of software system architecture, improving the performance of software interfaces, or other continuous improvement measures to increase predictability of service delivery.
At Infotech, we work hard to ensure that we keep our devs focused on what they do best...coding! Although this role does not have supervisory responsibilities, our Senior Developers and Architects are sought after leaders in addition to individual contributors. As an Architect, you will have the opportunity to develop and execute a strategic vision for new and existing Infotech architecture. Perhaps most importantly, you will guide and mentor a group of bright, talented new developers, helping them to become the strongest engineers they can be.
* Designing architecture that suits business needs, satisfying user requirements, achieving desired results, conforming to industry best practices, and integrating with end systems.
* Participating in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software; consistently writing clean, test-driven code using established design patterns.
* Identifying risks in code, features, and design, and communicating these to the appropriate parties.
* Collaborating with Infotech leads and creating a common technical vision which fulfills quality requirements.
* Planning and executing software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
* Partnering and collaborating with development leadership on software design, proof of concept, architecture, and implementation.
* Mentoring our talented junior developers in a pair-programming environment
Must have a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field and 2-4 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5-8+ years' experience with front and back-end software development languages and frameworks.
* At least one major skill outside of programming such as monitoring, performance optimization, documentation, integration testing, or visual design.
* Past experience mentoring developers.
* For remote candidates: minimum 1 year of experience working with a remote or co-located team.
* Cloud Platforms: AWS (Preferred) or experience with cloud platforms in general (Azure or Google (GCP))
* Operating systems: Windows
* Frameworks: .NET
* Source control management: Git
* Databases: SQL Server, Oracle
* Testing frameworks: NUnit, QUnit, SpecFlow.
Infotech's headquarters is in Gainesville, Florida. We have a state of the art facility in Celebration Pointe where our employees can enjoy daily visits from award-winning food trucks and stunning nature views over Split Rock Conservation Area. Need a break* Take part in one of our signature coffee breaks, happy hours, onsite massages or pop into our game room and challenge one of your colleagues to a game of shuffleboard.
Interested, but can't move to Gainesville*
We are open to remote candidates for this position! The ideal remote candidate would be eager to help us translate our legendary work culture to a remote employee experience.
While we are open to remote candidates, we do require flexibility to travel to our headquarters 10% per year for training and/or major company initiatives. Travel is not required for candidates based in Gainesville.
Hiring Timeline and Application Instructions
Multiple openings available. RESUME REQUIRED This position will remain posted until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities