Senior Software Engineer, Tableau Identity and Licensing 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY When applying internally, please keep your search tailored and consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles at any given time to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
WHO WE ARE
Tableau is as much a philosophy as an amazing suite of tools. We enable people to transform data into something visual and understandable, enabling people to make important decisions based on those insights. If you are passionate about technology, but also care deeply about doing something meaningful, Tableau is the place for you. Our products have been key in helping fight Malaria, Ebola, and most recently COVID19, by providing data insights to medical professionals into where these diseases are spreading. At Tableau, we believe in efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world.
In the Tableau Business Technology group, we are builders, writing software and standing up services that help our customers buy our software, manage their profiles, download software keys and login to our hosted services. We also build internal tools that help our business run faster and more efficiently. Come join us!
WHAT YOU LL BE DOING
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for all the duties of Software Engineer, but with additional responsibilities over more complex and unique duties and assignment. This role requires the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and a thorough understanding of application development methodology. Tableau leverages multiple enterprise class solutions and is building out teams to leverage these tools as it continues its rapid global growth.
The Identity and Licensing team owns the backend systems of two of our most valuable customer touchpoints: website sign-on and product activation and registration. This team builds scalable, highly available systems leveraging microservices and partnerships with third-party services. We anticipate customer and business needs and design our services accordingly.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU LL BE DOING
* Be the subject matter expert and point of escalation for the team.
* Design, develop, implement, test and support highly scalable platforms and applications that support our business and customers.
* Identify opportunities for process, tooling and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
* Test across various technologies, including ownership of features as schedule requires.
* Work to ensure continual improvements and enhancements, identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
* Recommend and justify adoption of languages, tools, packages and platforms to address our short- and long-term priorities.
* Partner with other teams to develop solutions in support of the distribution and support of Tableau Software products and services.
* Clearly communicate project status to key stakeholders throughout entire development process.
* Create comprehensive technical system documentation and provide training to staff.
WHO YOU ARE
* PERFORMER. Ability to learn on the fly and a passion for solving challenging business problems.
* RESULTS ORIENTED. Enjoy working with and learning about different areas of the organization to develop more effective solutions.
* ORGANIZED. Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
* EDUCATION. B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* 10+ years of software development
* Understanding of object oriented design and development
* Experience with modern authentication and authorization protocols, including OpenID and OAuth
* Strong problem-solving experience with a desire and proven aptitude to learn
* Familiar with:
* Web services technologies: JSON, REST, XML, SOAP
* Database management: MySQL, PostgreSQL
* Web development: HTML, CSS, jQuery, Angular, or React
* Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
* Git or similar version control system
* Unit tests, performance tests
* Agile methods and best practices
* System hardware architecture (servers, redundancy, backups, performance analysis)
* Docker or other containerization platforms
* UX design for customer-facing features
* YOU ARE A RECRUITER! Tableau hires company builders, and in this role you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.