Senior Software Engineer, Workspace Services 5/5/2020
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
This opportunity is with the Citrix Workspace Security group, which builds world's highest performing and secure Application Delivery & Remote Access Services. Citrix Workspace lets you scale and support whatever the business asks of you, allowing you to adopt and integrate any technology you need, all without sacrificing security
What we are looking for:
You are a Senior Software Engineer to join who would help us grow our business and improve our product line. You should be a top-notch programmer who loves to build products, thrives in an agile environment, and is passionate about developing software enables secure access of applications and data. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
- Design, build and deliver new features and products
- Take initiative to drive architecture, core technology and processes
- Serve as technical lead as appropriate
- Develop high performance, resilient and secure cloud services and tools
- Adhere to development best practices like test driven development, code reviews as well as relevant documentation of implemented features
- Be a key contributor and assisting on technical specification and review
- Engage with customers to understand and address their needs
- Mentor other engineers as appropriate
- Engage continuous learning through training's
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in Java, Golang or C++
- BA/BS or MS degree (foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical discipline is preferred
- Superior programming and problem-solving skills with high performance and quality code
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts, design patterns and micro services architecture
- Experience in any of the log analysis tools like Splunk
- Experience in database systems, REST API, docker, k8s
- Experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting micro services at scale
- Team player and great collaborator, also self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience working on public cloud such as Azure, AWS etc.
- Knowledge of version control systems, bug management tools as well as feature tracking tools like Jira
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good to have experience in an Agile Environment
- Knowing product cycle from inception to delivery
- Preferred experience in Web Gateway products, Web Proxy, Web Security domain
- Exposure with secure by design practices
What you re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do including how we work. If you re an engineer, we ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we d love to talk.
Functional Area:Software Development
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.