Senior Specialist - Customer Operations 9/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Applied Technology. The Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We deliver high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, signals intelligence, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cyber security, and more. Our customer-centric, team-based environment is proud to support today s modern war fighter.
In this role you will be responsible for providing customer technical support for Applied Technology products. You will be expected to work with the engineering teams to gain expertise on the products, and, through customer engagements, provide valuable feedback to drive the roadmap of future products. Your main focus and responsibilities will include the following:
* Participate in customer briefings and conduct product demonstrations
* Provide training on Applied Technology commercial products for existing and potential customers.
* Support tradeshows and product evaluation events.
* Provide test/trial support of products in development in order to provide early feedback.
* Interpret customer needs into new features and product offerings through collaboration with the business and engineering teams.
* Develop and nurture relationships to promote Applied Technology products and capabilities to new government customers.
* Partner with Business Development to create capture strategies to grow the business
* Experience working within the Department of Defense, Military branches or civilian government roles
* Must have strong knowledge of cellular, Wi-Fi, and push-to-talk technologies with applicable field SIGINT and/or EW experience.
* Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with individuals and diverse groups of people within the customer organization and Applied Technology
* Possess strong verbal communications and ability to build professional working relationships.
* Ability to interpret customer needs into product requirements
* Field experience with SIGINT and/or EW products a plus
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience with 10+ years experience and must have substantial knowledge of the U.S. defense industry (military and/or civilian).
* Must be able to travel on a frequent basis (5-15 days per month).
* Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract. Some contracts may have higher-level clearance requirements.
* Active Secret clearance preferred.
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.