Senior Staff Accountant 5/2/2020
Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry has an immediately available career opportunity for a Sr. Staff Accountant in our corporate offices in Fairfax, Virginia.
* Responsible for the direction, coordination and supervision of the company's financial activities
* Plans, administers and recommends policies involving financial management
* Coordinate the collection, consolidation and evaluation of operating and business unit financial and sales data. Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; preparing standard and custom financial reports; and recommending actions to management and staff
* Prepares monthly journal entries and month end closing reporting
* Performs detailed account analysis / reconciliations to ensure appropriate accounting for transactions and account balances
* Resolves discrepancies
* Prepares monthly sales tax and annual BPOL tax schedules for the state, county and local authorities
* Assists with the internal and external audits
* Performs special projects as needed and provide support to the accounting team
* Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
* Maintains financial security by following internal controls and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
* Capable of multi-tasking and good time management so all deadlines are met
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience
* 6+ years of relevant experience
* CPA preferred, but not required
* Strong communication skills
* Knowledge of general accounting principles
* Proficient in Excel and Word
* Knowledge of relevant computer applications
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Organizational skills and ability to move fluidly in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work collaboratively
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.