Senior Staff Engineer - Performance Engineering 2/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Staff Engineer - Performance Engineering
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The Product Software team at Equinix builds next-generation software products and architecture for our Equinix software platform and services offerings. We are looking for engineers responsible for developing and scaling robust platform services that enable best-in-class products. As Senior Performance Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to benchmark the performance, scalability and fault tolerance of platform services and ensure that they stay ahead of the latency and availability requirements of the business.
* Solves for the customer -understand the WHY and enrich the specification to create a solution which delights customers
* Creates a framework to validate the architecture for scalability and fault tolerance
* Develops an automated performance test suite that can benchmark release candidates against production versions for latency
* Creates chaos testing suites to ensure the resiliency of services
* Automates the synthesis of data to recreate traffic patterns that mimic production
* Provides inputs to capacity planning and cost structure
* Provides recommendations on optimal CPU, memory and I/O configurations
* Communicates test results and highlights potential quality, performance, SLA and security risks to stakeholders
* Participates in bug triage and drives prioritization of performance, scalability and resilience initiatives
* Contributes actively in an Agile scrum team to define test scope, automation and improving feature test coverage
* Collaborates effectively with stakeholders, including Product Owners, Developers and other Quality Engineers
* BS in computer science or equivalent with 7+ years building performance test frameworks
* 6+ years of hands-on experience with automating tests for RESTful APIs, microservices preferred
* 6+ years of hands-on experience with Agile-scrum methodology preferred
* Performance testing experience using tools like Gatling
* Experience using continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity and container technologies such as Docker is required
* Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience working on SaaS/PaaS products with distributed, horizontally scaling architectures
* Experience with identifying and resolving production availability and latency issues
* Ability to clearly document and communicate test results to stakeholders
* Act like an owner for the performance, scalability and resilience of Equinix products
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.