Senior Storage Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/29/2020
END DATE 2/14/2020
Job ID 2020-4343
US-VA-Radford | US-VA | US-VA
Engineering (non IT)
NCI: As a Senior Storage Administrator, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, logistics, and Technology Enterprise systems and Services (PD ALTESS). PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers and millions of users worldwide. The missions we supported is varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Capable of being proactive and working independently with minimal technical direction.
* Communicate in an effective manner.
* This position is for a Systems Administrator for a mixed and growing environment of various storage hardware.
* This position will work with the existing OS and Storage teams to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers and storage systems for the ALTESS and its customers.
* This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed.
* This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the systems and providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
* This position will also need to be able to recommend, demonstrate, and implement technologies to help expand, upgrade, and increase efficiencies to the current environment.
* Clearance: Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
* Information Assurance (IA) Certification (required on day one of employment): DOD 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
* Computing Environment (CE) Certification: MCSE, Server+, CCNA, RedHat, Palo, VMware or equivalent (can be waived for 30 days after project join date).
* Education/Experience: BA +10 years (Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent)
* Five or more years' experience in design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise data storage systems
* Five or more years' experience monitoring performance, errors, and warnings on FC network and attached storage systems utilizing tools such as OnCommand Insight
* Five or more years' experience maintain storage and FC network policies and standards
* Five or more years' experience refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff
* Five or more years' experience creating, maintaining, following Standard Operating Procedures for repeatable processes, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
* Five or more years' experience with MS-Windows, Solaris, and RHEL/OEL Linux environments
* Five or more years experience administering SAN and FC networks
* Three or more years experience supporting Cybersecurity patch management and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Security Requirement Guides (SRG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Control Assessor-Validator (SCA-V), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI)
* Two or more years' experience with VMWare 6.x or greater
* Two or more years' experience with network communication (IP based)
* Installation and configuration experience with Windows Server 2016, Solaris 11, RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 and higher
* Experience with both Windows PowerShell and Bash shell scripting
* Strong CLI skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and willing to be a team player
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
* Travel by land or air transportation 25%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.