Senior Surgical Technician (Temporary)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/21/2020
END DATE 2/10/2020
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder direct supervision, assists surgical team before, during, and after surgery and provides expert support, assistance, and maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Specifically and regularly assigned to direct, check, review, assign, organize, coordinate, train and reporting on the work of one (1) or more other Surgical Technicians; or who have a least two (2) years experience as a Surgical Technician
- Demonstrates ability to perform, and under general supervision frequently do perform, the most complex techniques and procedures of the classification in accordance with the specifications set by the department head
- Coordinates configuration of equipment to provide ease of use
- Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions
- Checks instruments and equipment for sterility, cleanliness, and functionality prior to the start of the case
- Assists with set up and use of equipment during procedures
- Assists with allocation of equipment for procedures on a daily basis
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table
- Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves and scrub procedures as primary or secondary staff
- Aids team to don gowns and gloves and dons personal protective equipment when required
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon and circulating nurse during operation
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation per hospital policy
- Puts dressings on patient following surgery
- Actively participates in meeting patient safety goals in promoting quality and safe patient care
- Cleans operating room and assists in room turnover and washes and sterilizes equipment
- Recommends to manager guidelines for use of equipment, purchase of new/replacement equipment, additional parts and supplies
- Assembles/complies case carts with supplies, instruments, and equipment in preparation for the procedure
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- This job motivates and provides work direction to other employees, but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline
- Two (2) years of experience as a surgical technician
- Two (2) years of current acute Operating Room experience
- Strong experience with minimally invasive, general, ENT, eyes, plastics, orthopedics, vascular, open heart-thoracic, spine, urology, GYN, podiatry, maxillofacial, and neuro surgery specialties. Including video, orthopedic and all other needed equipment to do the above surgeries preferred
- The senior level classification for Surgical Technician shall apply only to Surgical Technicians who are specifically and regularly assigned by the Employer to direct and check the work of one (1) or more Surgical Technicians; or who have at least two (2) years of experience as a Surgical Technician plus the demonstrated ability to perform and under general supervision frequently do perform the most complex techniques and procedures of the classification in accordance with the specifications set by the department head
- High School Diploma/GED
- Certification in Surgical Technology preferred
- Surgical Technicians certified by the Association of Operating Room Technicians, affiliated with the Association of Operating Room Nurses shall qualify as Senior Surgical Technicians upon presentation of their certificate
- Must be willing to participate in training of RNs and other disciplines in the scrub role
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Senior Surgical Technician (Temporary)
LOCATION: Santa Clara, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.