Senior System Engineer | Secret Cleared 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Systems Engineer needed for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with SOC's client located in ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA.
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION!
SOC is looking for a multi-discipline (network, virtualization, storage, backup) senior systems engineer to assist with the technical aspects of a data center move.
* Active Secret Clearance
* IAT Level II Certification
* 10+ years of experience
* Experience utilizing VMWare and virtual environments
* Experience performing backup and restoration of services
* Experience performing advanced troubleshooting of Windows or Linux operating systems
* Experience identifying and resolving network related problems impacting Windows and Linux Servers
* Experience performing and enabling controls to ensure the virtual infrastructure security posture is in compliance with DISA STIGs and DoD OIG regulations
* Experience setting up and monitoring performance monitoring and capacity planning
* Advise and participate in Enterprise Working Groups (EWGs), Data Center Move (DCM) technical planning and engineering meetings
* Encryption software market research, demo assessment, selection and implementation
* Evaluate current server performance and resource utilization analysis and server right sizing
* Assist with virtualization, storage, and backup strategy, implementation, and CONOPS
* Assist with Network/Network Security Design and Implementation
* Assist with DCM project documentation including assessments, diagrams, project/action plans
* Assist with MES COOP/DR requirements, technical strategy, and implementation
* Identify JSP dependencies for migration and coordinate requirements and actions between OCIO and JSP
* Assist with DISA Out-of-Band (OOB) access and monitoring: Jumpbox/VDI/admin and monitoring tools, data feeds)
* Assist with technical coordination between DCM and parallel projects (Exchange 2016 upgrade, SQL 2008 upgrade, ect.)
* Perform gap analysis and refine storage requirements
* Access any ongoing or conflicting project with impact on DCM
* Experience maintaining and creating new SOPs in support of this objective
* Experience with PlateSpin, Carbonite or other server migration/imaging software
* Active Directory
* F5 Applications
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.