Senior System Engineer 6/6/2020
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Posting: IRC Senior System Engineer
IRCameras is currently recruiting for the position of Sr. System Engineer. The Senior System Engineer will be the project and technical lead for IRC, guiding and overseeing the product definition, build and test activities needed for delivery of IRC's customer contracts.
IRCameras is a full service provider of high performance, customizable infrared imaging systems and Integrated Dewar Cooler Assemblies (IDCAs). Whether the end system will be used for a scientific, industrial or military application, IRCameras is positioned to meet the most demanding thermal imaging needs. We offer a wide selection of standard and custom Short Wave Infrared (SWIR), Mid Wave Infrared (MWIR) and Long Wave Infrared (LWIR) cameras, as well as an extensive line of custom packaged IDCAs.
Responsibilities -- Senior System Engineer
* Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
* Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
* Supports Program and Project management tasks on an as needed basis. Particularly for customers/contracts with heavy design content, there will be opportunities for direct engagement and management of activities with our customers. Clear communications of requirements, plans, results and action items would be part of these tasks
* Support to the Dewar line for select tasks, such as bringing up equipment, Design of Experiments for process setup / optimization, and documentation of process tasks via Work Instructions
* Augment Overall Systems Engineering Team: As bandwidth and opportunities permit, there is a possibility to offer support to the overall Systems Engineering effort, and to offer support to the IR test equipment design team within SBIR. With the ebb and flow of workload between the two companies, and with the periodic surfacing of urgent issues, IRC and SBIR like to take advantage of the opportunity to share critical resources between the two companies
Requirements -- Senior System Engineer
* BS or 5 years of practical experience in an associated work environment
* Must have the skills and desire to handle hands-on build and test tasks, as well as engineering design and analysis tasks
* Excellent trouble-shooting capability and analytical skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is desired
* Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team
* Must be able to work full-time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to US Export Control Regulations compliance, eligible candidates MUST be a US citizen, permanent resident or a person who has been granted asylum; proper documentation is required. Pre-employment verifications: must pass background, reference and ITAR/EAR checks in addition to a pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled