Senior Tax Analyst (Provisions) 6/5/2020
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company it truly is a special place.
Reporting to the Manager - Federal Tax, the Senior Tax Analyst (Provisions) role will be responsible for ASC 740 and assist with U.S tax compliance. This role will work closely with various members from within and outside the tax department, and may assist with cross functional ad hoc projects as needed.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and energetic individual with strong tax provision and compliance skills, and can think and adapt quickly. The job duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assume primary responsibility for preparation of the quarterly ASC 740 provision and related financial statement disclosures.
* In conjunction with the tax compliance group, manage the computation of book tax differences, supporting work papers, account reconciliations and documentation. Communicate issues and findings to senior tax management.
* Preparation of the tax basis balance sheet for the domestic entity group.
* Preparation of purchase accounting calculations.
* Provide support for or lead various tax projects as needed.
* Build collaborative relationships across the organization.
* At least 6 years of directly related corporate tax provision and compliance experience in public accounting and/or a multinational company.
* Excellent general accounting knowledge and familiar with accounting principles such as ASC740.
* Firm grasp of the US federal and state corporate income tax laws and regulations.
* Detail oriented with excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
* Strong analytical thinking, writing, and communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Bachelor degree in accounting or taxation; CPA required Master s is preferred.
This position is in a perfect location at our corporate headquarters in Hartsville, SC and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC).
This is a progression experience and level will be based on candidate experience and business needs.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonocolife!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.