Senior Technical Certifier 8/22/2020
TUV SUD America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Technical Certifier 128432 Professionals 0 - 2 years of experience Manufacturing, Consumer Products & Food
- Assessment and certification of telecommunications radio equipment.
- Issuing FCC Grants, Radio Equipment Directive Type Examination Certification, ISED (Canada) Radio Approval & Japanese radio approvals, EMC Directive Type Examination Certification as well as ad hoc duties and advisory as required.
- Reviewing products and specifications prior to testing, advising on EMC, radio, RF exposure and electrical safety test requirements and regulatory procedures, and advice on product compliance strategies.
- Providing expertise in the control of electromagnetic emissions and immunity through design recommendations and review of product designs.
- Supporting the Certification Coordinator as needed
- Preparing and delivering training and technical presentations to customers, technical certifiers and company employees in the areas of FCC, ISED Canada and Japan Certification as well as RF exposure.
- Reviewing the certification work of other certification engineers and providing technical support when necessary.
- Drafting and issuing technical assessment policy aids for technical certifiers in the form of technical guidance notes, presentations, and development activities.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- General office equipment; telephone, personal computer, printer, copier, scanner and FAX machine
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach with hands and arms; always requires employee to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Position requires close vision.
- Ability and willingness to communicate frequently if required by telephone, fax and email and other communication tools to ensure that the organization s business is completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is moderate.
Some domestic travel may be required and international may be required with advance notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disability and Veteran
T V S D America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
EEO is the Law Poster: a href="https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement: a href="https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf" https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparence Policy Statement: a href="https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html" https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, related field, or foreign degree equivalent;
- Two years of experience in EMC compliance;
- Strong background in FCC, ISED Canada, and RE Directive certification.
AM PS Cert Programs Alpharetta Georgia United States