Senior Wi-Fi Automation and Test Engineer 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Calix has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated, talented and technically strong senior test engineer to join our collaborative and results-oriented Premises engineering and test team in our Richardson, Texas office. You will enjoy a enjoy a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to work on, evaluate and test Wi-Fi access points, IoT/embedded systems and mobile applications.
Our growing Premises software engineering and test team delivers leading edge, high performance products into homes and businesses that combine high speed data, wireless, IPTV, mesh, IoT and home gateway services in a single platform with fiber optic, Ethernet and wireless WAN uplinks. Our team has broad responsibility for all aspects of bringing state-of-the-art software and hardware together from low-level embedded software to front-end user interfaces. We offer a great work environment with the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of product delivery from prototype validation through full system test and continuation activities.
Our products are Linux-based with IoT, residential gateway, Wi-Fi, mesh, IPTV, cloud management, SDN, GUI, and various smart home capabilities fully integrated on platforms that deliver from 1 Gbs to 10 Gbs services. Our CPE devices run embedded Linux with multi-core processors, line rate switching and the latest in embedded technologies from home gateway to Wi-Fi mesh to smart home solutions. We provide solutions to service providers in telecom and cable markets with broad portfolio of products and solutions.
This position is an opportunity for a hands-on, well-organized university graduate with experience in software/hardware testing of wireless access points as well as scripting and automation using Python. Successful candidate must be an excellent individual contributor, detail oriented, self-motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a small team setting.
* Independently set day-to-day work priorities while working to achieve the goals of the team/organization in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
* Author test plans, execute & monitor tests, report software issues and test results
* Work with multiple internal cross-functional teams as well as 3rd parties to analyze test results & field scenarios; reproduce and identify issues
* Develop & maintain multi-platform endpoint tools/modules to interface with a larger test infrastructure
* Develop & enhance test/automation infrastructure to improve Wi-Fi Functional testing capabilities company-wide
You'll be bringing some great skills and experience to the team:
* Bachelor s degree
* 3+ years directly applicable experience
* Software/hardware test experience consisting of Wi-Fi access points, IoT/embedded systems, and mobile applications
* Direct experience with networking technologies; including an in-depth understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, and other upper-layer application protocols)
* Hands-on experience with Wi-Fi testing (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax); be able to effectively debug and troubleshoot Wi-Fi system/protocol-level issues.
* Experience or knowledge of various 802.11 extensions (802.11k, v, s, f) is a plus.
* Hands-on experience with automation in Python
* Ability to independently work within established test automation infrastructure to develop and enhance test automation capabilities
* Experience in developing cross-platform tools, including Android/iOS as well as Windows/MacOS/Linux
* Excellent general troubleshooting skills; ability to articulate problems in detail; excellent verbal/written communication skills while working with local/remote teams.
* Hands-on experience with performance test methods and tools; e.g. IxChariot, Spirent, Octoscope, etc.