Service Center Operator B | Tulsa 10/1/2019
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description:
Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc., one of North America's leading distributor of metals, is currently seeking a Service Center Operator to join our facility in Tulsa, OK. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
* Assembling material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Process customer orders using band saw machinery
* Selecting material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Unloading and receiving material, weighs, counts, check sizes.
* Identify by color and heat or test numbers
* Placing material into stock racks or designated areas
* Recording necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Tallying, stamping, and sorting as required
* Maintaining safety, quality, and productivity standards of each job assignment
* Filling in for absent positions as qualified and as needed
* Keeping areas clean and organized
* Other job-related duties as assigned.
* HS diploma or GED
* Forklift and overhead crane experience
* Must be a team player
* Good computer skills are a plus
* Experience working in a metals warehouse setting is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.