This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONGOODYEAR. MORE DRIVEN .
Thank you for your interest in a career at Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers. We are a service and retreading market leader with over 180 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE ALWAYS'. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
As a Service Manager you will be responsible for managing the service department including the team and equipment at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center. You will also be responsible for assisting technicians in daily work routines and ensuring customer satisfaction.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO : * Assist Center Manager in achieving sales, units, and profited budgeted objectives.
* Ensure proper service estimates are delivered to the customer.
* Quote tire prices accurately, including trade-ins.
* Complete work orders, PM checklists, and other paperwork effectively and efficiently.
* Responsible for efficiently processing billing
* Control and protect the assets of the company by maintaining awareness of inventory levels.
* Provide \\"Service Excellence, Always\\" to meet the service goals of the location and needs of the customer.
* Assist the Center Manager with hiring, training, and managing associates.
* Train new and existing associates.
* Communicate specific work assignments and responsibilities to associates.
* Assist the Center Manager in ensuring proper staffing levels with qualified personnel.
* Assist associates in technical areas as needed.
* Facilitate effective communication throughout the center by working closely with the Center Manager.
* Operate the Service Department as an accident free/safe workplace.
* Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
BASIC REQUIREMENTS : * Minimum 2 years management experience
* Prior commercial tire experience
* Must be willing to work scheduled shifts including nights and weekends.
* Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet DOT driver qualification requirements.
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* No relocation is being offered for this position
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * High School or GED
* Relevant commercial tire service and/or management experience.
CANDIDATE CRITERIA: * Strong oral and written communication ability.
* Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
* Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.