Service Project Manager 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us: ConCor Networks is a leading provider of low-voltage and technology solutions for mission-critical and other applications. Our licensed and certified professionals design, build and maintain integrated technology-rich, highly complex systems that are faster, better and more efficient than ever before.
Job Title: Service Project Manager
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Reports to: Sr Service Manager
SA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Approved By: President/CEO
Prepared Date: June 3, 2020 Revision Date: June 3, 2020
The Service Manager assists the company in meeting its objectives and goals by providing overall technical and administrative direction of the field workforce operations. The Service Force/Manager is the main client interface and ensures projects and service requests are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedules through peer managers, subordinate managers, supervisors and field personnel. The Service Force/Manager will execute their position responsibilities in accordance with company policies, practices, and processes, and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Enforces ConCor Networks Corporate and Divisional Policies, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Safety Accountability Program/Job Safety requirements (O.S.H.A.).
* Utilizes leadership skills to motivate office support management and field personnel. Manages existing and future business programs and processes.
* Oversees the daily operation of construction and/or service teams for the office(s) assigned.
* Coordinates the scheduling of tasks through project managers and engineers, contract administration and support teams to meet project deadlines, service request and budgets.
* Distributes and effectively delegates assignments, projects, to assigned project field staff. Provides direction, guidance and motivation in the completion of all projects and service request or service tickets.
* Prepares customer billings to include collection of work order tickets and pricing on a weekly basis.
* Works closely with Accounting and Customer to resolve any collections issues or Customer questions.
* Coordinates, communicates and interacts with President/CEO, Project Mangers and other departments in the successful completion of projects (i.e. Fleet, Safety, Finance, Purchasing, HR, Payroll, etc.)
* When required, develops and implements an operational plan or service plan prior to dispatch of technicians along with completion of major construction work.
* Prepares and estimates service work, firm fixed project work (when assigned), maintenance agreements, IDIQ bids and labor rates on any outsource agreements/proposals. Obtain approval from Chief Project Engineer and/or President/CEO.
* Promotes and adheres to ConCor Networks Project Management process and practices on all projects.
* Works with ConCor Networks Sales personnel, Project Engineers, Project Managers, and possibly other EMCOR companies when required or requested.
* Develops goals, quotas and monitors goals throughout fiscal year for the assigned field project and service teams.
* Manages strategic customer base, strategic projects, target customers and handles assignments relating to projects or service request assigned.
* Oversees manpower requirements, forecast manpower and assists with recruiting, interviewing and hiring, when necessary.
* Maintains ConCor Networks company reports as required.
* Reviews service and project budget reports, may participate in monthly CTC process and project/service related results with President/CEO on a monthly basis.
* Identifies and/or addresses and eliminates potential obstacles to the timely completion of projects and service request or service agreements.
* Attend and conduct meetings as required.
* Prepare and present computer generated spreadsheets and reports.
* Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
* Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, managing and supervising field workforces.
* Responsible for conducting employee appraisals for reporting staff.
* Responsible for providing professional mentoring and guidance for reporting staff in meeting the customer and Company goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Must possess High School Diploma or GED equivalency; Successful completion of an industry-related or company provided management training program preferred.
* Must have minimum 10 years experience on-the-job training as Foreman, Superintendent, Project Manager, Estimator or a combination of the three in the telecommunications and/or construction industry.
* Must possess 5-10 years experience as a direct liaison between customer and Company.
* Must possess 5-10 years supervisory experience to include personnel management.
* Must possess knowledge of BICSI and NEC requirements.
* Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects and reporting employees simultaneously.
* Must be able to use professional judgment and make independent professional decisions in the best interest of the Company.
* Must be able to meet the requirements of the Company Fleet Program.
* Familiarity with a wide variety of field concepts, practices and procedures.
* Working knowledge of and ability to apply OSHA safety standards.
* Working knowledge of construction contract language and terms.
* Working knowledge of multidiscipline work.
* Working knowledge of the preconstruction practices.
* Strong familiarity with local market.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Lotus Notes, and familiarity with Starbuilders.
* Must possess working knowledge of various office equipment, including but not limited to, computers/CRTs, copiers calculators, printers and fax machines.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Must possess professional initiative and self-motivation - results driven.
* Must demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others.
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects
* Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, as well as technical skills in engineering/estimating, quality assurance, and costing.
* Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems on a strategic and tactical level.
* Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, general and subcontractors, and suppliers.
Must be able to speak, interpret, read and write English. The ability to speak, interpret, read and write Spanish is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.