Service Technician 6/4/2020
Securitas Electronic Security Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Securitas Electronic Security (SES) Technology and Solutions groups are experiencing tremendous success, and we currently have several Sr. Technician openings for team-oriented individuals possessing vocational training in electronics or electromechanical engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for providing service on SES products at customer sites. The position provides customer contact for all post-installation problems on security systems and equipment, as well as, special project work, when needed.
SES is a leading, global provider of integrated security and facility solutions that contain best-in-class products and award-winning services for an organization's unique needs. SES security solutions include product and service outsourcing that integrate cross-disciplinary functions into comprehensive technology-centered customer solutions on a cloud-based platform spanning hardware and software capabilities.
* Respond to trouble tickets to ensure application uptime and system performance
* Work individually and as a team to diagnose and resolve application issues
* Execute preventative maintenance tasks to maximize application availability and identify system faults
* Perform routine configuration changes (user permissions, application configuration, etc.)
* Document all system modifications through a digital change control tracking system
* Produce quality technical documentation describing the conceptual and quantitative facets of system deployment, intended for both a technical and non-technical audience
* Perform pre-deployment end to end testing of all upgrades and major modifications
* Perform on site installations of software upgrades and major modifications
* BS degree in Computer Science, or Engineering (Computer or Electrical), or relevant field.
* Strong working knowledge of Windows Server and Client environments
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to write technical documentation tailored to a varied audience
* Working knowledge of Windows server and client hardware (Motherboards and components, storage, peripherals, etc.)
* Working knowledge of network communications and IP addressing
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Lenel OnGuard Certification, other enterprise grade access control system certification a plus
* Verint Nextiva / VMS Certification, other enterprise grade CCTV system certification a plus
* SQL Server: Ability to install, perform basic administrative functions and create scripts
* Crystal Reports: Ability to create reports for SQL databases
* Microsoft certification: Windows and/or SQL
* Working knowledge of VMware: vSphere and Workstation
* Working knowledge of Windows PowerShell
Securitas Electronic Security is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer..