Service Unit Department Manager RN ( Pediatrics & OB/GYN) San Jose CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/21/2020
END DATE 1/27/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONManages a large unit or multiple units providing ambulatory services. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development.
- Manages the operations of a large unit or multiple units. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Provides on going staff development.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met. Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in management/leadership roles required.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certification required.
- PALS, PEARS and/or ACLS certifications may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an outpatient care setting.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Service Unit Department Manager RN ( Pediatrics & OB/GYN) San Jose CA
LOCATION: San Jose, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.