SHC - Medical Technologist, Part-time, 32 hrs/wk 8/25/2020
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Routine and complex procedures are performed utilizing instrumentation and manual methods and meet department standards.
* (LIS) patient blood specimens are collected, received and analyzed per laboratory, safety, and regulatory standards.
* Tests are performed using appropriate equipment labs standard operating procedures.
* Quality controls and reagents are reconstituted for use in tests/examinations per lab standard operating procedures.
* Quality control is performed in accordance with established laboratory protocol.
* Information systems are used to manage the workflow and test reports.
* Lab analyzers are operated, maintained, and issues addressed per established manufacturer and labs standard operating procedures.
* Manual procedures, when necessary, are performed per laboratory standard operating procedures.
* Supplies are maintained and ordered as necessary to meet the needs of the lab.
* Medical Technologists are cross trained to other lab sections to meet the needs of the lab.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or any Biological Sciences required.
* Two years of clinical lab experience in a hospital, or training in a school of medical technology approved by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists required.
* Current registration as Medical Technologist with the Registry Board of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (MTASCP) preferred.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Works independently but consults with Lab Section Supervisor in case of problem issues.
* Understand and use medical terminology for preparing written reports in technical language.
* Knowledge of current laboratory practices and procedures.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.