SHC - Rehab Aide Co-op, Temporary Full Time, 40 Hours, Every Other Weekend and Holidays
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/16/2019
END DATE 12/18/2019
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
Working under the direct supervision of a licensed OTR, PT, COTA, PTA or SLP, provide routine direct patient care treatment programs, clerical duties, and light housekeeping activities to support the care of patients and the efficiency of the operation. Collaborate with all members of the healthcare team to provide services to patients.
* Direct patient care treatment programs, such as range of motion and exercise programs, ADLs, ambulation, bed mobility, endurance training, and application of superficial modalities, fabrication of adaptive equipment, carryover of positioning techniques, and carryover of use of assistive devices are carried out in accordance with professional guidelines.
* Patient objective and subjective responses to treatment is observed and accurately recorded. Any changes are immediately reported to appropriate team member.
* Clerical activities are performed, including recording services rendered to the patient, answering the phone, filing, and data entry to help the patient and facility run efficiently.
* Cleanliness and organization of assigned areas is maintained and routine cleaning of equipment is performed per department guidelines.
* Light housekeeping activities including changing linen, laundry, and other duties are completed to meet established objectives.
* Documentation to support reimbursement is completed within organizational and regulatory guidelines.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelors Degree or enrolled in Allied Health Program preferred.
* Experience in hospital or outpatient setting is desirable.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with English.
* Basic skills in math and computer science.
* Basic skills at establishing interpersonal relationships with patients, families, and staff.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.