Shipping and Receiving Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/29/2019
END DATE 1/31/2020
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
To insure that all food items received meet the approved criteria established by the hotel Food and Beverage/Purchasing Departments. Conducts a thorough, but prompt, inspection of every delivery to ascertain proper specification factors to determine acceptability.
* Check shipment by comparing it with Daily Order Sheet and invoice to insure that what we are receiving is what was ordered (quantity, price, quality state, size, count, weight tolerance and acceptable expiration date).
* Fill out an error correction when necessary in duplicate to assure proper credit for amount of discrepancy and notify Store Room Manager immediately of shortage to arrange for a replacement.
* If shipment is correct, time stamp and sign driver's and hotel copies of invoice. Place the hotel stamp on front side of invoice and sign next to "Received By".
* If shipment is received with delivery slip or memo invoice, follow same procedure and fill out a "goods received without invoice" form (completed after inspection).
* Submit daily a progress report to Purchasing for outstanding deliveries.
* Directs the traffic of all incoming items until they have been properly dated, priced, labeled or tagged. The pricing procedure is to be done by the Receiving Agent, Storeroom Manager or Assistant Purchasing Manager only. All items will be priced out "as purchased", i.e., per each, per pound, per case.
* Labels all incoming bread and bakery deliveries as to outlet or banquet function.
* Conduct random spot-checks of all perishable items for proper storing and packaging to guard against quality loss due to over-exposure to storage temperatures, improper rotation, etc.
* Assists and directs inventory documentaries along with the Storeroom Manager as necessary.
* Assists Storeroom Clerks in filling requisitions and sanitation maintenance daily.
* Assist in conducting End-Of-Month Physical Inventory.
* Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively...
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.