Shipping Associate 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes mattresses, adjustable bases, pillows and other sleep products in approximately 100 countries. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the Company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry, including Tempur, Tempur-Pedic, Sealy, Sealy Posturepedic, Optimum and Stearns and Foster. Our comprehensive suite of bedding products offers a variety of products to consumers across a broad range of channels.
We recognize that our employees are our most important resource. As such, we strive to treat each individual with respect and courtesy and build an atmosphere characterized by strong teamwork, mutual trust and open communication.
The Tempur Sealy manufacturing site in Trinity, NC is currently seeking a Loader for our 1st shift. The Loader is responsible for taking mattresses and foundations from the end of the production line and loading them in the correct order and sequence in the appropriate trailer for delivery.
- Transport mattresses and foundations using a push cart from the end of the production line to the appropriate trailer and safely loading them in the correct sequence for delivery.
- Scan finished mattresses and foundations coming off the production line to identify the correct trailer location.
- Review trailer manifest to ensure mattresses and foundations are loaded in the appropriate location and sequence.
These duties are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with this job. Other duties, as required, may be assigned by the Department Supervisor.
- 1+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- 18 years of age with High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including but not limited to safety rules, procedures manual and policy manual.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with Department Supervisor, Lead, Coworkers and other personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical, methodical way while working with a sense of urgency.
- Able to read and follow a written set of procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled