Shipping & Receiving Operator - Ethanol Plant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION Shipping & Receiving Operator - Ethanol Plant-20001C0
Responsible for loading ethanol and distiller s grain, as well as the movement of trucks and rails cars on the plant site. Ensure maximum production quantity and quality while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. * Operates and maintains all processes associated with product storage and loading.
* Loads ethanol into trucks and railcars.
* Loads distiller s grains into trucks, railcars, and containers.
* Takes samples of ethanol and distiller s grains for testing.
* Operates meters, bulk weighers, and scales to facilitate product loading.
* Creates tickets and issues paperwork to drivers.
* Operates locomotive or rail mover to move railcars on plant site to facilitate loading of product.
* Operates large machinery and equipment such as front end loaders and lifts.
* Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs.
* Performs preventive maintenance tasks as required.
* Performs routine housekeeping duties to maintain a clean work environment.
* Monitors area equipment and assists with maintenance as required.
* Communicates regularly with local rail service to facilitate rail movement activities.
* This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Experience with the movement and loading of rail cars preferred.
* Experience working with heavy equipment in an industrial environment or grain elevator preferred.
* Experience with the operation of front-end loaders, forklift trucks, rail movers, man lifts, and related material handling equipment preferred.
* Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
* Experience with standard computer software programs, i.e. Microsoft Outlook and SAP, preferred.
ABOUT VALERO RENEWABLES ALBION
Valero's Albion ethanol plant is located near Albion, Nebraska, about 50 miles southwest of Norfolk. The bio-refinery sits on 107 acres and started ethanol production in October 2007. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Albion plant annually processes approximately 46 million bushels of corn into approximately 130 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 385,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs approximately 65 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
JOB: Operations/Skilled Crafts & Trades/Maintenance
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NE-Albion
JOB POSTING Aug 19, 2020, 3:25:24 PM
UNPOSTING DATE Ongoing