Simulator Technician II 10/22/2019
Macdill Afb, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Applies comprehensive knowledge and experi ence to solve complex or system problems: those typically solved solely by reference to maintenance manuals or similar docu ments. The Shift Supervisor may review work for general com pliance with accepted practices. May also provi de technical guidance and instruction to Technician 1.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Applies comprehensive technical knowl edge to solve complex problems: those typi cally solved by properly interpr eting mainte nance manuals or similar documents.
* Receives limited technical guid ance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician and work is reviewed for specific compliance with accepted practices and work assignments.
* Provides technical guidance to Technician 1.
* Capable of interpreting and working with computer systems utilizing various and multiple operating systems.
* Maintains required documentation of maintenance activities. Monitor and track the repair status of inoperative equipment and document maintenance activities utilizing the logistics management data base system. Documenting maintenance activities includes but is not limited to work order generation and updates, repair action documentation, issuing, returning, and adjusting inventory, insuring inventory records are up to date and accurate, and other material control duties as assigned.
* Diagnose malfunctions of computers and associated equipment and performs operability/readi ness tests and repair.
* Perform systems interface/fault isolation.
* Apply fundamental troubles hooting procedures in the maintenance of interfaces and peripheral equipment used with computers; interpret mechanical, hydraulic, elec trical and electronic schematics and drawings and make simplified versions.
* Conducts voice communications on inter-phone and radio circuits.
* Provides networking and information systems support on training devices and networks.
* Implement basic modifications to existing simulators.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Position requires a Technical College Degree with 2 years of related experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and operation of full flight simulators or an equivalent combination of technical education related to electronics, electromechanical, computer, aviation or simulation technology and/or hands-on related work experience in the maintenance and operation of full flight simulators that total a minimum of 4 years. 2 years of related experience may substitute for absence of Technical College Degree
* Must meet the minimum education, experience and qualifications of a Simulator Technician I
* Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
* Related skill areas should include technical writing and presentation skills.
* Must be skilled at use and operation of test equipment, including O scopes, frequency counters, volt/ohm meters and range calibration set.
* Must be proficient in the use of diag nostic programs, interpre tation of results and use of program listings to isolate faults.
* Must be able to perform routine preventive maintenance using maintenance requirement cards and instructional manuals; perform daily system readiness test, pre-operational and post-operational checkouts.
* Must be proficient in the use and operation of test equip ment to perform pre- and post-operational test on installed equip ment to perform preventive maintenance using preventative maintenance cards and instruction books.
* Must possess skills to perform calibrations, adjust ments and tests on elec tronic equipment; analyze operation, verify discre pancies, isolate malfunctions and replace defective components used in installed devices
* Must be able to drive a fork-lift, man-lift, K-loader, or other support equipment as required
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
* Must be eligible for DoD Personnel Security Clearance.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex word and technical documents/diagrams. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
* Shop floor environment.
* Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
* Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, loud noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds over head.
* Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
* Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top or under the device.
* Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
* Must be able to distinguish colors.
* Domestic and international travel as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT DISCHARGE OR IN ANY OTHER MANNER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT, DISCUSSED, OR DISCLOSED THEIR OWN PAY OR THE PAY OF ANOTHER EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT. HOWEVER, EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPENSATION INFORMATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS AS A PART OF THEIR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CANNOT DISCLOSE THE PAY OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT OTHERWISE HAVE ACCESS TO