Site Civil Engineer 10/24/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work(R). We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking a dynamic Site Civil Engineer in our Charlotte, NC office.
The Site Civil Engineer will lead design, plan production, and permitting, and assist Project Directors with a variety of site/civil land development engineering projects. This individual will create site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, stormwater management systems and stormwater pollution prevention plans. Our Lead Site Civil Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders to develop detailed deliverables, influence project framework, cost estimates, timeframe decisions, and ensure that the highest quality features are developed and delivered across Woolpert's client footprint.
* Design and create site layout plans in alignment with client requirements, local ordinances, and Woolpert standards.
* Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to develop site designs, including grading, drainage and utility plans.
* Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure project objectives (scope, schedule, deliverables) are met in accordance with established metrics
* Provide technical expertise in site/civil design, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and stormwater management
* Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
* Coordinate permitting with FEMA, DOT, IDEM, DNR, County and local municipalities
* Work with Project Manager to identify impediments and develop / implement solutions to overcome obstacles
* Serve as the technical Subject Matter Expert on drainage design, site grading and ordinance compliance.
* Identify, address and resolve any issues impacting phase/task goals, objectives and/or client satisfaction. Respond to scope changes with revised budgets, assignments and scheduling
* Coach, mentor, direct, and delegate execution of quality project deliverables among technical team members, including coordination with Architectural, Structural, and MEP.
* Communicate issues affecting phase/task or project schedule, budget or quality and escalate unresolved issues to the Project Directors and/or Discipline Leader
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field
* Minimum of 4-10 years Site/Civil Design experience
* Prior exposure to Commercial and/or Industrial development sectors is ideal
* Proven experience with codes and regulations, interpreting plans, designing storm water facilities, site grading and permitting for land disturbance
* Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Autodesk Vehicle Tracking and Storm and Sanitary Analysis software packages, PondPack, and Microsoft Suite products
* Active Professional Engineer License is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
* Ability to provide excellent customer service
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
* Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)