E&I Engineer 2/12/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Position is located in Geismar, LA.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in the managing of the technical documentation of the facility including the transfer of all project and design documentation and drawings from engineering I construction companies.
* Serve as project manager and/or design engineer on capital projects. Responsibilities include cost estimating, equipment selection and specification (electrical, instrumentation, and industrial control systems), contract bidding, field oversight, start-up and commissioning.
* Provide engineering support at various aspects of servicing, repair and maintenance of the facility including its comprehensive Distributed Control System.
* Make recommendations for future expansion projects with reference to adequacy, operability, safety, maintainability, etc.
* Review and recommend modifications and changes in the facility's equipment and I or procedures and coordinate the process of change. Participate in
* "Root Cause Analysis Studies" and / or "HAZOP Studies" where appropriate.
* Assist in the development of Quality Programs, the Risk Management Program and the Process Safety Management Program.
* Represent the terminal with outside agencies and customers as needed.
* Drive a company vehicle.
* Perform these functions and responsibilities not only at Geismar, but other IMTT locations as needed.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Electrical or Instrument Engineering.
* Good verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
* Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
* Several years of experience in chemical or petro-chemical industry maintenance and design.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to work in the outside elements.
* Ability to make decision in a variable environment.
* The large scale of the operation and extensive layout of the facility require that the labor force have good physical fitness, including but not limited to the ability to walk through uneven terrain and to climb stairs and ladders. Furthermore, because the facility and adjoining facilities handle hazardous material, the labor force must be able to evacuate quickly from any location of the facility without assistance in an emergency.
* Must be able to work in confined space, over water and not be afraid of heights.
* Ability to wear and use a respirator.
* Willingness to work at unusual hours as necessary.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
* Advanced level of computer literacy.
* Programming experience: DCS (Foxboro I/A), PLC, and HMI.
* A Professional Engineering License for the State of Louisiana.
* Management or supervisory experience.
* Professional safety training.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment