Skilled Technician - Multi-Craft Technician (1st Shift) 1/11/2020
A. O. smith
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Function
This position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed. Responsibilities
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and building components on industrial equipment plant wide and have basic knowledge of PLC s and controls.
* Performs multi-craft tasks on all equipment and repair equipment breakdowns in a timely manner.
* Responsible for the safe output of quality cut-to-length steel.
* Maintain output to production standards while staying within acceptable scrap and rework standards.
* Work in a team oriented atmosphere with continuous improvement goals of achieving and maintaining a world-class production facility.
* This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals.
* The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling.
* The position may require weekend and/or holiday work
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Knowledge of machine functions, equipment safety hazards, power source, stored energy, pinch points, etc.
* Must be proficient in hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, electrical and building maintenance tasks.
* Must also have a basic working knowledge of PLC s and electrical controls and the ability to troubleshoot and repair as needed.
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
Minimum of 5 years related work experience
We Offer: Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.