Small Business Specialist/Personal Banker - Delray Beach 10/31/2019
Delray Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: This is a sales-driven position that is responsible for achieving assigned sales and service goals by developing and leveraging both internal and external sales opportunities. Approximately 75% of time is spent in business acquisition mode. This position is also responsible for performing operational and servicing tasks within the branch, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Effectively utilizes various sales delivery channels in order to achieve goals.
* Uses customer portfolio to gain customer background and uses data to recognize and follow up on existing and future needs.
* Solicits cross-sales and opens new accounts according to guidelines. Cross-sells products or refers to appropriate business line to ensure customer needs are met.
* Develops new business and expand existing business through business and consumer customer contact meetings.
* Develops collaborative partnerships with other business lines within the bank.
* Solicits loan applications, obtains appropriate documentation, follows up and closes loans accurately the first time.
* Achieves overall individual deposit, loan unit, dollar, and non-interest income goals. Assists the Producing Market Leader and branch team with meeting branch sales goals.
* Opens and processes all types of accounts, products, and/or services for clients after consulting with them on their specific needs. Assists clients whenever possible.
* Achieves a minimum customer service score and adheres to the highest level of service standards.
* Maintains an understanding of all current financial products, policies, procedures, regulations and compliance guidelines and adheres to same.
* Handles customer queries, special requests and problem resolution.
* Handles fund transfers between accounts, overdrafts, stop payments, fee reversals, etc.
* Approves specific check amounts, wire transfers, cashier checks, uncollected funds, and insufficient funds based on credit authority limitations preset by management.
* Adheres to new account opening procedures to prevent fraud.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma required; AA or Bachelors preferred. Small Business Specialist I: 3-5 years successful, goal-driven branch sales experience required. Strong sales experience with aggressive sales goals may be substituted for two years of bank sales experience. Small Business Specialist II: 7 plus years successful, goal-driven branch sales experience required.
BankUnited is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. BankUnited does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.