SOC Audit Senior Associate 5/7/2020
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Audit Senior Associate, SOC will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day in-charge duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up for the preparation of third party attestation reports, including Service Organization Control (SOC) 1, SOC 2, and WebTrust for CAs, applying most areas of the governing standard as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in other business process or IS assurance related engagements, including SOX, IT general control testing for private company financial audit engagements, and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting and minor or dual major in Information Systems or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years of prior experience in internal or external audit preferred
- One (1) or more years of prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience performing internal control reviews preferred
- Experience performing SOC, SOX or ISO 27001 engagements desired
- Completion or actively pursuing completion of CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP or other relevant certifications preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications(e.g., UNIX, OS400, LINUX); and databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL) and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, required
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.