Social Worker - Garnet Team 5/5/2020
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The Elizabeth Hospice is San Diego s oldest non-profit hospice of 40 years. We are growing and looking for talented individuals to join our high performing team and support our mission. We serve all of San Diego county and south Riverside county with multiple hospice office locations.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life for those nearing the end of life s journey and for those who grieve.
We place a high importance on our employees and reward staff in several ways such as:
* Competitive hospice industry compensation
* Benefits package with multiple plan offerings and generous employer contribution
* 401(k) Retirement plan with employer match
* Supportive work culture which encourages work life balance
* Substantial Paid Time Off, paid holidays & birthday benefit
* Employee development program managed by in-house education department to support individualized orientation and professional growth needs.
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* Monthly mileage reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
* Business casual attire for office staff
Assesses social, psychological, emotional factors, legal and economic factors relevant to patient/family functioning with a terminal illness across the life span (perinatal, pediatrics, and adults). Appropriates action to obtain available community resources to assist in resolving the patient s problems. Identify current or potential adjustment difficulties, and provide short term individual, marriage, family and group counseling as appropriate. Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary team in the development and implementation of plans for psychosocial treatment including coordinating discharge planning. Provides bereavement support, as defined by a plan of care to patient/families. Responsible for carrying out the mission, values, and quality commitment of Elizabeth Hospice.
* Relates with patients, public, and team members in a manner conducive to a harmonious working environment in which patient-centered goals are achieved.
* Protects patient confidentiality by promoting professional staff communications
* Develops the patient/family centered plan of care with specific interventions and goals, monitors and updates the plan of care as necessary.
* Participates as an IDG team member related to the psychosocial care and evaluation of patients and families to develop a comprehensive plan of care.
* Document in a clear, complete, concise and organized manner consistent with charting standards.
* Maintains timely patient documentation using point of care electronic charting.
* Conducts visits to provide information and assess needs, including complete psychosocial assessment to identify problems and strengths.
* Implement the plan of care to assist patient and families work through the dying process, resolve conflicts, gain acceptance, cope effectively and manage stress.
* Modify and evaluate the plan of care as needed to be effective and successful with pts/families.
* Performs short term group, family, individual counseling as needed for effective problem resolution.
* Implements crisis intervention measures when indicated, including suicide precautions during patient care and after transfer to bereavement.
* Interventions reflect understanding of issues specific to populations served.
* Provides guidance, support, and crisis intervention, as appropriate to patients/families on service as well as the community at large.
* Provides referrals to other agencies and resources as needed by patient/family.
* Researches, utilizes, and monitors community resources as needed.
* Provide on-call and/or week end Social Work coverage
* Contributes to procedure and policy development.
* Participates in training and mentoring of new staff.
* Offers in-service presentations to hospice, hospital, SNF, home care staff and other community agencies, and prepares teaching materials for use with patients and professional staff related to the care and treatment of hospice patients, families and bereaved clients.
* Provides discharge planning involving referrals to community agencies, funeral and memorial planning, assistance with insurance concerns, financial matters, legal issues and entitlements, and ensures continuity of care when a patient/family is transferred to another hospice, nursing home, inpatient facility or discharged from hospice care.
Primary Service Locations: All of San Diego and south Riverside county.
Work Locations: Escondido, Mission Valley, Carlsbad, Temecula
Hours: M-F 8:30-5:00 pm
On-Call: 2 to 3 shifts per month
Status: Full Time - benefits eligible
We invite you to join us in fulfilling our mission and become a part of The Elizabeth Hospice team. To learn more about this opportunity and apply, please visit our website at: https://elizabethhospice.org/join-our-team.
* Master s degree in social work minimum requirement and a minimum of 6 months experience, prefer 1-2 years. LCSW valued.
* Must possess excellent written and verbal skills and be English language proficient.
* Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
* Clerical skills include ability to answer phones, schedule own appointments, research and interview others.
* Computer skills related to email, scheduling, and data entry.
* Current California driver s license and proof of insurance required.
* Because this is a field position, must be able to drive in various conditions, including but not limited to winding/steep roads, night driving, and rural areas, and be able to enter homes with pets.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.