Social Worker (LMSW) - Ryan White 7/31/2020
Parkland Health and Hospital System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Responsible for performing psychosocial screenings and assessments and implementing the psychosocial plan of care for patients to ensure the patient has sufficient resources and support services.
- Must have a Master's Degree in Social Work.
- Must be licensed by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population of patients, medical and nursing staff and community agencies both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of community agencies and services available for the special needs of assigned patients.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.