SOCIAL WORKER MSW 6/5/2020
Montefiore Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Montefiore is seeking a Social Worker MSW to work in the Moses Campus transplant unit who will provide a range of direct and indirect services for patient / families including the identification of psychological problems and their resolutions. Will collaborate with the patient / family / team to affect safe and timely discharge / treatment plans. Will comply with the mission statement of Montefiore and Social Services and the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Work. This is a per diem position.
* Assist patients / families and support systems to cope with the impact of illness and effect safe and timely discharge / treatment plans
* Screen patients for social service interventions, make psychological assessments, ensure continuity of care through development
* Implement and validate discharge / treatment plans
* Coordinate services and provide psychological education / feedback
* Provide appropriate referrals and act as a liaison
* Refer clinically complex cases to Licensed Social Worker
* Organize workload with appropriate parties based on medical plans, patient needs, and departmental policies
* Demonstrate proactive advocacy / mediating negotiating skills with patients / families / associates / community
* Maintain Social Work professional conduct and practices develop networking relationships, participate in patient focused internal / external conferences
* Participate in departmental programs quality improvement, statistical reporting, continuing education, staff meeting, etc.
* Utilize psychological expertise to assist with team building , discharge / treatment planning, conflict resolution, and psychological education to interdisciplinary staff
* Demonstrate knowledge of legal and ethical issues and principles related to end of-life care including informed consent, right to refuse treatment, withholding or withdrawing life-sustaining treatment including nutrition and hydration, DNR order, advance directives, determination of decisional capacity and surrogate decision making and the doctrine of futility
* Identify, report, and intervene for victims of individual and family violence, rape, mugging, elder abuse and child abuse / neglect
* Master s Degree in Social Work from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education
* LMSW or LCSW or limited permit, if employed for a period of less than 6 months
* Permitted status requires and executed Memorandum of Understanding with a licensed Social Worker for the purposes of supervision and oversight
* Understanding of developmental stages from infancy through elder years, family systems theory, and how carious illnesses impact patient / family system
Department: Social Services Bargaining Unit: 1199 Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Per Diem Address: 111 East 210th Street, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 107201
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.