Social Worker MSW, Involuntary Mental Health Inpatient Unit 6/6/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
Perth Amboy, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Social Worker MS at Hackensack Meridian includes:
* Provides assessment, treatment planning and disposition planning for patients in the Center For Living inpatient unit.
* Provides for the safe and appropriate transition of the patient from the hospital to the home environment or another health care facility.
* Utilizes the clinical social work process in determining individual patient needs, clinical treatment planning and the appropriate community resources available to assure continuity of care upon discharge.
* Current and valid LSW or LCSW in the State of New Jersey is required
* Masters of Social Work is required
* One (1) or more years of experience in a hospital or other health agency setting is preferred
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
* Knowledge of growth and development and an understanding of the range of treatment needed as is age appropriate for those patients
* Ability to obtain and interprets assessment and treatment to patients ranging in age from adult to geriatric
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.