Software Developer 5/6/2020
Fort Washington, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY "
Noblis is seeking a Software Developer at Fort Washington, MD
The Secretary of the Air Force, Administrative Assistant (SAF/AA) Concepts, Development, and Managemnet (SAF/CDM) Office explores new concepts, develops emerging opportunities, and manages high-priority projects and programs to provide innovative solutions to Air Force and Department of Defense (DoD) challenges. SAF/CDM's business operations directorate conducts planning and acquisition of cost-effective, long-term, critical capabilities in order to support the war-fighting mission of the combatant commanders.
The Software Developer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Analyzing requirements to derive software design
* Designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software sufficient to meet customer requirements
* Performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting
* Transforming business and functional requirements into technical solutions
* Integrating a wide variety of applications from various sources while ensuring they meet performance standards
* Resolving complex technical problems, meeting deadlines and thriving in a team setting
* Conducting root cause analysis, code review and unit testing
* Clearly and regularly communicating with customers and team
* Researching and implementing new development techniques and technologies
* Writing and reviewing software documentation
* Leading a team of Junior software developers
u2022 Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clientsu2019 emerging support needs and trends with team members and management. Participate on proposals
* Requiers a bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of five (5) years of prior relevant experience OR 12 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
* Demonstrated experience with software life cycles (requirements through deployment)
* Software development experience using C/C#/C++ or Java
* Scripting with modern languages, i.e. Python, Ruby, or Perl
* Using and maintaining object relational databases, i.e. MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Experience in integrating systems using SAFE principles
* Experience using Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) for project management
* Effective verbal and written communication
* Experience with UI software development and cross-platform frameworks
* Experience in cloud design and development
* Experience working with multiple data types and integrating them into a single system
* Certifications in agile development, Comp TIA, Secuity+, etc.
* Experience as a Scrum Master in the agile development process
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with business process automation
* Using version control or source code management tools
* Understanding of big data analystics concepts and tools
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.