Software Developer I 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company: Ansys
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
ANSYS Mechanical is used by engineers to analyze the structural and thermal physical responses for different environmental conditions. The Software Developer I will be joining a team which is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving features that support customization, data management and modeling within ANSYS Mechanical with usability and performance at the forefront.
The incumbent will be following agile principles to define, implement, test and document features within the ANSYS Mechanical product. Also, to ensure the quality of the product the incumbent will triage and correct defects. Some specific responsibilities will be:
* Develop new features in a mixed code base of C++ and C# which will be functional on Windows and Linux platforms
* Write unit tests and work with testing staff to define integration tests
* Identify code which needs optimized for memory and performance, and work with others to arrive at an optimal solution to correct
* Build an understanding of the code architecture to participate in the maintenance, improvement and support of the Mechanical product
* Expand knowledge of software technologies to deliver best of class software
* Communicate with geographically distributed team members
The candidate will be able to demonstrate that they meet these minimal qualifications:
* B.S. degree in Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent field of study
* Experience in designing and implementing object-oriented application features using C++, C#, or Java
* Clear written and oral communication skills
* A passion to create high quality software, desire to solve complex problems, able to learn quickly while collaborating with a distributed team
It is advantageous that the candidate has experience with the following:
* Meeting timelines with minimal supervision
* Behavior Driven-Development or similar techniques
* Microsoft Visual Studio IDE for managing code projects
* Git version control
* FEA or similar computational techniques
* Microsoft Technologies (.NET Framework, COM, ATL)
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at ANSYS are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at ANSYS, it s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It s about the what s next as much as the mission accomplished . It s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, ANSYS has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
ANSYS is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh