Software Engineer, Android, YouTube
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/21/2020
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGoogle's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
On the YouTube notifications team, we reach billions of users daily. We are looking for engineers passionate about the user experience and solving interesting engineering problems responsibly, at scale.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun and we do it all together.
RESPONSIBILITIES * Launch future experience for Android notifications.
* Work on in-app notification experiences and in-tray notification experiences.
* Design and implement new user-facing features in mobile applications.
* Design seamless experiences across both client and server.
Minimum qualifications: * 5 years of professional software development experience or 1 year with an advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering.
* Experience with Android framework and Android application development.
* Software development experience in Java or C++.
Preferred qualifications: * Experience in Android and iOS mobile application development.
* Experience with Android platforms.
* Experience in API development and design.
* Knowledge of the Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
* Understanding of approaches and tradeoffs in full-stack application development.