Software Engineer, Aviation Security 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # of Openings
Founded in 1967, Analogic Corporation has become the leading provider of advanced security screening technology for the aviation industry. Our high-speed Computed Tomography (CT) Explosive Detection Systems meet the highest standards for automated threat detection and play a key role in keeping the flying public safe. We have an engineering culture of excellence, with over 200 patents assigned in the last years alone.
Our team is now developing the next generation of security screening solutions for airports worldwide solutions that will incorporate the latest advances in machine learning, 3D imaging and open network architectures, and have the potential to dramatically improve aviation security and passenger travel experience.
To help lead this effort, Analogic is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Software Engineer to be part of a team designing industry leading technology for Airport Security.
Contribute to software projects of great complexity, substance and economic value in the field of Aviation Security. Conduct software design and development efforts for control systems and other software development projects. Lead software design and development efforts for smaller software development projects. Interact with internal stakeholders to understand product needs; write requirement, design, and test specifications; write other documents including Build and Installation Instructions. Write and present original designs, and review designs of others. Implement software solutions as an individual contributor and as a team-member. Perform testing and releases changes.
* Responsible for portions of larger projects or complete software development of small projects.
* Develop control software for multiple electronic subsystems.
* Work with internal customers to define requirements.
* Generate system design and specifications.
* Generate code to satisfy design requirements.
* Complete design details and develop methods to satisfy design requirements.
* Prepare engineering test specifications and procedures.
* Troubleshoot and modify code.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BSCS or related degree, plus 5 years of experience or equivalent.
* Excellent Object-Oriented programming skills.
* Programming experience with C/C++ in a Linux environment.
* Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
* Background with control systems.
* US Citizenship required
* The position is based at Analogic s headquarters in Peabody, MA.