Software Engineer, CIMD (Full Stack/Back-End) 5/6/2020
The Goldman Sachs Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world s leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment. GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client s goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
* Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to solve problems and apply analysis to make data driven decisions.
* Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
* Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
* 1+ years of software development experience.
Expert Knowledge in One Or More Of
* Programming in a complied language such as Java, or C++ or an interpreted language such as Python and experience with concurrency and memory management.
* NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search.
* Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
* B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Related field.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity