Software Engineer - DevOps Lead/Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
technology driven companies.
You are a natural leader with insight beyond the short term and understand that the solution will need to adapt and evolve to future needs.
The Software Engineer - DevOps Lead/Architect is a senior technical leadership position within Next Phase Solutions and Services Inc. Come and join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platforms. The ideal candidate is a hands-on builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms.
The Software Engineer - DevOps Lead/Architect is someone with experience architecting, selecting technologies and implementing cloud infrastructure, systems and processes for software and platforms related to business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of continuous integration, continuous development (CICD) pipeline technologies, big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. Lastly they must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision.
The Software Engineer - DevOps Lead/Architect should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. While the initial tasks will be focused on integrating, configuring and setting up platforms, this role encompasses the leadership of the entire DevOps function utilized by teams and will bring to fruition a robust CICD-as-a-Service approach to creating and managing DevOps and DevSecOps pipelines.
The Software Engineer - DevOps Lead/Architect is a continuous learner and adapts to the evolution of architecture design patterns, technologies and methods used to deliver solutions.
* Architect and implement DevOps and DevSecOps systems
* Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
* Develop DevOps and CICD functions for integrating multiple commercial and open source software components (e.g. Spark, Airflow, EMR, others), and custom-built code on AWS cloud (using PySpark, Lambdas)
* Analyze, design, and develop tests and test-automation suites
* Design and development of a processing platform using various configuration management technologies
* Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
* Collaboration with development teams, data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
* Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
* Ten (10) to Twelve (12) overall years of experience in application development
* Direct, hands-on experience configuring, integrating and managing DevOps with the following software languages/tools:
* Infrastructure automation technologies: Docker, Vagrant, etc.
* Build automation technologies: Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Ansible/Chef/Puppet etc.
* Monitoring technologies: Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, ELK stack, etc.
* Modern programming languages: Java, Python, etc.
* Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
* Scripting languages: Perl, Shell, etc.
* 5 years of experience must be in DevOps and AWS
* 2 Years of experience as a Technical Lead for DevOps
* 1+ years of experience managing a DevOps team
* Significant Amazon Web Services experience
* Hands-on experience working with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Map Reduce, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, etc.
* Experience with Test-driven development (TDD) and Automated testing frameworks
* Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
* Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Preferred: Experience supporting government customer
(TELEWORK UNTIL COVID-19 CRISIS ENDS)
HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS
* Medical Insurance (three healthcare plans to choose from), Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
PERSONAL INSURANCE BENEFITS
* Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
* Company-paid Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
* Competitive paid-time-off programs
* 401K plan with employer matching contribution
* Company-sponsored professional development activities and professional dues/subscriptions reimbursement